Monday, May 23, 2011

Décoller: To Take Off

A 18h30, plus ou moins, l'avion décollera pour Londres.

To take off.  In French, it literally means to "un-glue".  Or "de-glue", I suppose. And I guess that's what flying is, it's literally un-glueing yourself from the earth.  Defying gravity.  A bit of a scary thought, really.  Later this evening I will be un-glueing myself from America and (hopefully) re-glueing myself in London.  Although unfortunately the verb for "to land" isn't recoller, it's atterir.  To the earth, sort of.  Oh well.  That's where I want to head, at least--the ground, and not the Atlantic Ocean.  That would most certainly put a damper on travel/study abroad plans. 

I am mostly packed!  Which is a feat in itself, really, to be mostly packed ahead of time.  At least no plastic storage bins were involved--then I really wouldn't be packed yet, haha.  All the major stuff has been taken care of, and we have a generally complete itinerary from today until the end of June.

And another note: I'm leaving my cell phone at home, so unless my family gets bored and decides to look through it, no one is going to see any texts or missed calls until June 29th.  If you hear from my cell phone in between now and then, it means that an impersonator (*cough sister cough*) may have decided to have a little fun while I'm gone, hahaha.  :)

And so I am off, de-glueing myself from my home, what I'm used to, my comfort zone.  And landing in a foreign country, where I'll no doubt learn an incredible amount, probably mostly by making mistakes.  But it will be an adventure!  And a huge amount of fun.  So excited!

A bientot!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment