Monday, May 16, 2011

S'enthousiasmer pour qch: To be enthusiastic/excited about

Je m'enthousiasme pour mon voyage européen.

I leave for Europe in one week.  By this time next Monday I'll be several thousand feet above the ground, probably terrified out of my wits, in an airplane bigger than any I have ever been on before, as I head toward London.  London, and then France, where I'm going to study for about a month.  Yay!  Je m'enthousiasme beaucoup pour ce voyage!  (S'enthousiasmer.  Un mot tres difficile d'épeler.  Euh.)  Am I prepared?  About halfway, I guess.  Plane tickets have been bought, along with Chunnel tickets, and hostel bookings have been made (oh goodness attack of the passive voice) and today was replete with errands like going to the bank, searching for adapters and converter plugs, asking several people about phone service in Europe, making sure I really did have insurance coverage, etc.  And then I figured, why not top it off with making a blog?  I needed to make one, especially since I'd promised to record my travels in blog form on a scholarship application...so here it is!  And hopefully not too shabby, coming from a technological neanderthal like myself, haha.  I had to reincarnate an old gmail account, in which the most recent unread email was from 2008, to join blogger, so we'll see how this goes. 

Many thanks to my friend Megan, who helped come up with the theme for this blog.  Hopefully it won't be filled with grammar errors!  And also to my sister, who definitely came up with the title, even though she takes Spanish instead of French.  It sounds much more cute than my original contenders, the very corny "Footprints through France" and the amusing-in-retrospect "Transatlantic Tripping", which I quickly realized had an entirely different connotation than what I meant, hahaha. 

And yes, I had to have the fish.  They're adorable.

Bisous!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Transatlantic Tripping. XD I'm happy about the trip and the blog looks great! Yay, fishes! =D

    ReplyDelete